Salt Fest Entertainment
The official programme for Salt Fest 2019 will be available to download soon.
Friday 6 September
Gather in Vines Park by 6pm for the official opening of the 2019 Salt Fest.
6pm Opening Ceremony
6pm Family Fun Fair Opens
7.30pm – 10pm Pete Harrington in the marquee
8pm Firework display near Netherwich Basin.
Weekend Event Attractions
- Bouncy Slide
- Bumper Carz
- Climbing Wall
- Face Painting
- Hook a Duck
- Pony Rides (Sat only 11am – 5pm)
- Sweet & Slushy Stalls
- Classic Cars & Bikes
- Exhibitor Stalls
- Farmers’ Market Stalls
- Ferret Racing
- Hot Food & Drink Stalls
- Ice Cream Van
- Real Ale & Cider Bar
Canal Boat Trips on the Pamela May 2
10.30am – 4pm
Trips run every 25 minutes.
Adults £3 Children £1.50
Heritage & Information Centre
- Town Walk – 11am and 2pm
Find out more about the town’s fascinating history. Walks last about 1½ hours and cost £2. Booking advisable.
T: 01905 774312.
- Salt museum and display on the history of the salt industries.
- Exhibit displaying previously unknown personal belongings of John Corbett.
- Brass rubbing (small charge applies)
- Stockist of Droitwich brine salted fudge.
St Augustine Church
St Augustine’s will launch Salt Fest with the sound of their bells ringing out across the town.
- The church will be open on Saturday 7 September, 10.30am–4.30pm, but please be aware that this is a popular
day for wedding celebrations.
- On Sunday 8 September the church will also be open from 10am–3.30pm and you will have the opportunity to join the tours of the tower to experience the fantastic views over the town and surrounding countryside.
A number of salt associated businesses and groups will based in Saltbarrow Market for the weekend.
Probus 87 will be offering:
- Displays and activities featuring the town’s salt heritage and local history.
- Salt making demonstration – learn how salt was made from Droitwich brine in the Iron Age over 2,000 years ago.
- Talks every hour, on the hour about the properties of salt.
- Buoyancy effect demonstrations.
- Experience the healing properties of salt.
Churchfields Saltworks will be offering:
Ice cream and Droitwich Salt for sale, plus salt tastings.
- Coffee Stall
- Gin Bar
- Greek Kitchen
- Salt Rubs
1pm Choir (Sat)
2.30pm The Riot Act (Sat)
1pm Deaf Choir (Sun)
Weekend entertainment in the marquee
Saturday 7 September
10.15am Air Cadets band
10.30am Grand opening by Pam Davey and Bill Moy
11.30am – 12.30pm W Factor
12.30pm – 1pm Roy Starkey Salt Industry Talk on Industry
1pm – 2pm DAFFY Youth Bands
2pm – 3pm Rock Choir
2.30pm Norbury Theatre re-enactment of the reading of the Riot Act
3.15pm – 4.15pm Droitwich Community Choir
4.30pm – 5.15pm Frogg Soufflé Band
5.30pm – 6.30pm Reson 8 Glam Rock
7pm – 8.30pm Face Stealers Covers Band
9pm – 10.30pm Aardvark Stew Rock Covers Band
Sunday 8 September
10.30am – 12pm Salvation Army service
12.15pm – 1pm Dave Jones Children’s Magic Show
1pm – 2pm Dave Laine 60’s Tribute to the Winter Gardens Droitwich
2pm – 2.30pm Dan & King Rich Live Music. Unplugged versions of classic songs across the decades
2.30pm – 3pm Molly Tustin Soloist
3pm – 4pm The Whipjacks Band Cover and Original Band
4pm – 5pm Ellie Goulding Chelsea Jade
5pm – 7pm Skabucks Original Ska Music Band
11am – 4pm Dog Show
4pm Duck Race
7pm Closing Ceremony
All information concerning exhibitors, entertainers and events is correct at the time of printing. Salt Fest do not accept responsibility for any changes that may occur throughout the duration of the event.